Friday 31 August 2007

This is What I Was Afraid Of

Part of the reason I started blogging was because I was "between contracts" as we say. I never seemed to have time to write when I was working full time and trying to have a life. Sure enough, I've posted three times, including this, since I got my current contract.

Who cares? Well, one of the reasons we get things so wrong in IT is that technology doesn't do what we were told it does. One of the great things about the Internet is that it's given us access to people who are actually using technology, so we can solve problems faster. Blogging, however, demands a certain level of time to blog, which is taking away from your time doing.

The bottom line: There's useful stuff in blogs, but you have to filter out the rantings from the useful information yourself.

No comments: